Want to hold an event? Awesome! Here are some important steps to take:
I. Contact the HoC aides and Suzette Courtmanche:
- Fill out the room reservation request form online, available on the Room Reservations page.
- Submit budget if applicable.
- Complete Yale’s online Green Events Certification and forward your results. Don’t worry, it’s really quick. We’re proud to be the first college to Green Certify all of our events!
II. Prepare for cleanup
- Let Facilities know if you need recycling and garbage toters.
- They’ll provide the toters, but students need to clean up.
- Buy recyclable products.
- Don’t buy compostables. Only Dining can handle compost effectively.
- General rule for buying products: Look for products that are Green Seal Certified or EPA Design for Environment Approved.
- Green cleaning products are easy to find! Common brands include Seventh Generation, Biokleen, and Mrs. Meyers Clean Day.
- Purchase paper products with at least 50% post-consumer recycled content.
- Post about leftovers in Free Food at Yale or save them in a college fridge.